Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an excellent dish!!! Found this recipe in the Crock Pot recipe collection it is yummy...Give it a try will not disappoint :)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and cleaned
- 5 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking grits
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- Coat 4 1/2 qt crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell peppers, celery, all but 1/2 cup of green onions, butter, seafood seasoning, and red pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hrs or on High 2 hours.
- Turn crock pot to HIGH. Add shrimp. Cover. cook 15 minutes longer. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Add grits and cook according to package.
- Stir in cheese, cream and remaining 1/2 cup green onions. Cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese has melted. Serve over grits.
- VARIATION: Also delicious served over polenta.