1/9 Photos of Cheesy Shrimp & Grits Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Delightful addition to a beautiful brunch or perhaps a light supper with a salad. From Southern Living
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Bring 4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Stir together grits, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir together green onion mixture, grits mixture, shrimp, and next 3 ingredients.
- 6Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 8Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Shrimp & Grits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 997.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g