Another recipe from the Sargento Cheese website.
Make and share this Cheesy Shrimp and Scallops Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped mixed vegetables, thawed (broccoli, carrot and cauliflower)
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir vegetables, scallops and shrimp into skillet mixture; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Divide spaghetti among four plates; spoon sauce over spaghetti.