Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recommendation for a taco from Diana Sturgis in the Rachael Ray Magazine this month. They didn't give any amounts for ingredients, so I just made the recipe and came up with my own :) Feel free to make these burrito style with flour tortillas and simply top them with salsa.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage (we just used romaine lettuce which worked well)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa verde
- 8 warm corn tortillas (we ate them with hard shell tacos and they were good too)
- Remove the husk and silk from your ear of corn, wash it off, wrap it in a paper towel and cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes, then cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, saute the onion in about 1 tsp of olive oil (or butter if you'd rather) for about 3 minutes on med-high until opaque. Add the salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and shrimp, stir, cook for 30 seconds, cover and turn over the heat (so that the shrimp warm up, but don't overcook).
- On each tortilla, spread 1/8 of the goat cheese, top with 1/8 of the shrimp, sprinkle with some corn kernels, top with a little cabbage and spoon about 1 tsp of salsa over the cabbage.
- Serve with more salsa on the side.
These are very good and different -- we also used lettuce and frozen corn. Thanks for sharing!