Recipe by Kaitlin Cav
Simple appetizer of Cheesy Shredded Chicken Bites
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This would have been a 5 star recipe for us had it not been for the Italian seasoning. It just didn't go with the other spices in our opinion. I'll be making this again but without the Italian seasoning. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canswanson white premium chunk chicken breasts, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- oval butter flavored cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast into a medium, microwave safe bowl. Shred (I use a pastry blender to shred but you can also just use a fork).
- Add cream cheese, creole seasoning, chili powder, Italian seasoning and Kosher salt to the chicken. Stir together until blended.
- Place in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (until heated through), stopping half way through to stir.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir together until well blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheesy chicken mixture onto a cracker. Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.