Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple appetizer of Cheesy Shredded Chicken Bites
Make and share this Cheesy Shredded Chicken Bites recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canswanson white premium chunk chicken breasts, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- oval butter flavored cracker
- Place Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast into a medium, microwave safe bowl. Shred (I use a pastry blender to shred but you can also just use a fork).
- Add cream cheese, creole seasoning, chili powder, Italian seasoning and Kosher salt to the chicken. Stir together until blended.
- Place in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (until heated through), stopping half way through to stir.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir together until well blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheesy chicken mixture onto a cracker. Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This would have been a 5 star recipe for us had it not been for the Italian seasoning. It just didn't go with the other spices in our opinion. I'll be making this again but without the Italian seasoning. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Not awful, but very dull and boring. Perhaps blue cheese or feta would perk it up. Maybe a splash of lemon juice. Made for Fall PAC 2012