Recipe by Foxgirl
Use up your leftover veggies (or whatever you have on hand) in this hearty comfort food recipe.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- For topping, combine half the soup with the mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Brown beef, onion, garlic and pepper, drain.
- Stir in cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Add the vegetables--I like broccoli, carrots, peas or mixed veggies--with the rest of the soup, Worcestershire and oregano.
- Spoon meat mixture into pan, spread the potato mixture over that.
- Bake 20 minutes or until topping is a nice golden brown.