Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Pasta shells are filled with cheeses and full of flavor. This takes your everyday macaroni and cheese to a whole new level. Crispy bacon lends a salty crunch. Reynolds Wrap over the casserole keeps the shells tender while the cheeses melt and ooze into the pockets of the pasta.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed seasoned croutons
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente or 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet melt 1 T butter over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Add the other 3 T butter and let melt in the pan. Add flour and stir for another minute reducing the heat to medium. Whisk in the cream and simmer stirring frequently until creamy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in monterrey cheese, parmesan and cream cheese stirring until melted. Add milk and stir again. Add drained pasta to cheese mix and stir until coated. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Pour into a greased 9x12 dish and top with croutons. Cover with Reynolds Wrap foil and bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Uncover and sprinkle with parsley flakes before serving.