Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a meal from my mother-in-law. She learned it when she was a bride, and it has become a real comfort food for her kids and now her grandchildren as well. It is fast, cheap, and the kids all love it.
- Boil water in a large pot, add shells and cook as instructed on package.
- Drain shells when cooked, rinse under cool water and drain again.
- Return shells to pot and add tomato soup.
- Heat on low heat until warm, add cheese slices and mix in until melted.
- If you want, you can add a small amount of milk to make this a tad more creamy.
- This will serve our family of four (2 adults, 2 small kids) with enough for a lunch.
This is one of the first meals I made as a teenager. Loved it then and still love it today.I use cheez wiz in mine. Great recipe for those lazy nights when I don't feel like cooking.
Wonderful and simple !! Garlic/parmesan seasoning added to the great taste.
4 stars becaucse this is so simple and versitile. I just added garlic (a must), used cheddar cheese and tabasco. Quick, easy and good. Next time I will replace one or both soups with tomato sauce, add more herbs and lots of Paramesan Cheese. Thank you Virginia.