1/3 Photos of Cheesy & Seedy Jalapeno Bread (Abm)
3 hrs 10 mins
I made and *LOVED* Cheesy Jalapeno Bread (Abm) - absolutely loved it! So, I wanted to combine my favourite other bread, multi-grain, with this recipe, as well as tweak it a bit, because I and several reviewers found it not quite hot enough - almost as if the finely chopped jalapenos were lost in the loaf! I hope you like what I came up with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oatmeal (large flake, plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 ounces warm water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, sharp, cubed or 1 cup cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) jar jalapeno peppers, drained (use 1/2 to 1 full jar, based on your heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 1Place yeast, flour, seeds, oatmeal, salt, sugar, oil, and water in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2When cycle is complete, remove dough, and knread 1 cup cheese and jalapenos (well drained and dried) into dough. I make the process easier by taking chunks of the dough and placing them into a bowl, a couple at a time, topping with cheese and jalapenos, and repeating until all dough, cheese, and jalapenos are gone - and then gently kneading.
- 3Form into a loaf, and place into a lined 9x5 bread pan (I line mine with parchment paper.) Alternatively, you could grease and flour the pan - just be aware that the cheese can stick really well, so it's best to line the pan! Top with shredded cheddar and additional grains/oatmeal.
- 4Allow loaf to rise until doubled, approximately 45 minutes. Set oven to 375°F When loaf is doubled, bake for 35-45 minutes, until browned and until the loaf sounds hollow when you knock on the bottom of it.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy & Seedy Jalapeno Bread (Abm)
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g