Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A decadent treat from one of my Florida cookbooks. This makes a nice appetizer, or snack, or indulgence....
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) jar cheese spread (I use Old English)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 7 ounces crabmeat, drained (or imitation crab meat)
- 6 English muffins, split in half
- Mix butter, cheese, mayonniase, and garlic salt.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Spread on muffins.
- Freeze at least 10 minutes.
- Broil 5- 10 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Good...but crab/cheese seems out of proportion. I used twice the amount of crab and probably could have used more. Even with this change it wasn't overly "crabby."