This makes a great weekend brunch or a light weekday dinner served with a side salad and crusty bread. You will need a large skillet for this, an electric frypan works well also. If possible use the large size hash browns for this, red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes can be used in place of hash browns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 slices bacon (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped, can use milk)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped
- 1In a large skillet cook the bacon pieces over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- 2Add in hash browns and continue cooking stirring until potatoes are browned and crisp (about 12-15 minutes).
- 3Add in onions, bell pepper and jalapeno (if using) continue to cook until veggies are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- 4Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5Skim some of the fat off if desired.
- 6In a bowl whisk together the eggs with whipping cream until well combined; pour over the veggies/potato mixture in the skillet, then stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- 7Cook over medium heat gently lifting portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath or until the eggs are just set (about 4-5 minutes).
- 8Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, then let stand for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- 9Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Potato Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.1
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 491.9 mg
- Sodium 902.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: