Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a great weekend brunch or a light weekday dinner served with a side salad and crusty bread. You will need a large skillet for this, an electric frypan works well also. If possible use the large size hash browns for this, red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes can be used in place of hash browns.
- 10 -12 slices bacon (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped, can use milk)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet cook the bacon pieces over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in hash browns and continue cooking stirring until potatoes are browned and crisp (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add in onions, bell pepper and jalapeno (if using) continue to cook until veggies are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Skim some of the fat off if desired.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with whipping cream until well combined; pour over the veggies/potato mixture in the skillet, then stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- Cook over medium heat gently lifting portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath or until the eggs are just set (about 4-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, then let stand for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.