1/6 Photos of Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes With Bacon and Green Onions
1 hr 10 mins
A total comfort food! Definitely not a diet dish. But ooooh sooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (large cloves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1Cook potato slices, covered, in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes; drain well.
- 2Place the potato slices in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with the bacon and green onion; set aside.
- 4Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 5Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Gradually add half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 7Add the minced garlic, bag leaf, salt, celery seed, black pepper, and cheddar cheese, stirring until the cheese melts.
- 8Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- 9Pour the cheese sauce over the reserved potato slices.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove cover, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes With Bacon and Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.3
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 495.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g