A total comfort food! Definitely not a diet dish. But ooooh sooo good!
Make and share this Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes With Bacon and Green Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (large cloves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- Cook potato slices, covered, in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes; drain well.
- Place the potato slices in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and green onion; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Add the minced garlic, bag leaf, salt, celery seed, black pepper, and cheddar cheese, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the reserved potato slices.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned.
Great Combination of ingredients! Delicious potato dish! Made for I Recommend.
Delicious and very easy to make. Made as directed with Black Forest and twice smoked bacon from Whole Foods. Went very well with our barbecued chicken and steamed artichokes. Thanks, breezermom!
Yum, I love scalloped potatoes and these are extra-special with the bacon and green onions!!! I did scale down but still had plenty for us to enjoy with a bit left over for my husband the next day! This was a treat we no longer enjoy often, so was extra-special, thank you breezermom! Made for I Recommend tag game