Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I found in my Land O Lakes cookbook. I adapted it suit our taste.
Top Review by Momma21
Wow! This is a keeper! I have made scalloped potatoes and ham before but this is much more delicious! It will be my go-to recipe!
I made a few changes because of ingredients on hand or taste - since I was boiling the ham meat off the bone, I used the stock instead of chicken broth. I added about 1t of garlic powder, and 1/2t each of oregano and rosemary; I used dry minced onion (1T) instead of fresh and I added to the stock before mixing with the cream. The cream was no problem and neither was the cook time. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 cups ham, cubed to 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine whipping cream, chicken broth, onion, flour, salt and pepper in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbles appear around edges and mixture is thickened (4 to 5 minutes).
- Layer half of potatoes in greased 12X9-inch baking dish or 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle with ham, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Pour hot cream mixture over potatoes; cover. Bake for one hour and 15 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender when pierced with a fork. Uncover; top with remaining cheeses. Continue baking for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted.