Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious creamy potato dish.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 -8 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled (3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 inch dish with the butter.
- Using a mandolin, slice the peeled potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place one third of the potatoes in the dish, sprinkling with one third of the salt, pepper, garlic and shredded cheese. Repeat the layers twice, then pour the cream over top.
- Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, around 70 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- If you like a crispy top, broil the potatoes foe 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Let the dish rest for 10 minutes before serving.