Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
These scalloped potatoes are so good. I like to use "The Best Alfredo Sauce" in place of the jar alfredo sauce. I saw the recipe in Woman's Day.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, chopped or 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; coat shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cheese.
- Mix potatoes with remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil; bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil from baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes more until potatoes are tender and mixture is bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
My Husband and I thought these potatoes were very good. I used 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese instead of 1 1/2 cups and I left out the nutmeg because we don't care for it. Thank you for the recipe.
These were good, but were missing a little something. I think some garlic powder or onion powder might add a little more. Definitely use alfredo sauce you really like (the good stuff) because the potatoes will taste a lot like that sauce. Thanks for the posting.
Easy recipe, we like cheese so I did 2 cups instead of 1.5.. Turned out very yummy thanks fro sharing this recipe.