Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a YUMMY dish that takes me back to the old fashioned comfort foods I grew up on. Mmmm... makes the house smell so GOOD! NOTE: The 1 3/4 hours time allowance stated includes prep and cooking time.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 (284 ml) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- In greased 1.5 L casserole dish, spray bottom and sides lightly with PAM cooking spray.
- Arrange first layer starting with potatoes, then onion and then cheese.
- In small bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce and spices; spoon enough over first potato layer to coat everything.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 until all ingredients are layered ending with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and test done using a fork. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown the top layer of cheese.