Recipe by happyhousewife
Delicious side dish, with a suprising secret ingredient to give it some kick.....celery leaves!
Top Review by Bobbiann
I made this yesterday. It is a very good casserole even though I left out the celery leaves because I didn't have any. I am uploading a photo of it before it was cooked. I forgot to take one after, and today, there is none left!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, onion, celery leaves, parsley, butter, salt, pepper and milk into blender. Mix on high about 2 minutes.
- Arrange potatoe slices in buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour onion mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 1 hour. Uncovered.
- * can be frozen and reheated *.
- I always make two at a time and stash one in the freezer.