Recipe by Juenessa
From Southern Living Magazine, December 2006.
Top Review by Sonya01
this is awsome. the mayo just adds something special to this i would never have thought to add use may in scalloped potatoes but this is the recipe i will be using from now on for scallopes potatoes. thanks juenessa is fantastic.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups thinly sliced baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts and is well blended.
- Place half of potato slices evenly in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; pour half of cheese mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining half of potato slices and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.