Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a delicious twist on what I usually find bland scalloped potatoes. My kids won't eat any other kind!
- 4 -6 potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- In a bowl combine mushroom soup and milk.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish. Drizzle a scoop of the mushroom/milk mixture over the potatoes followed by a sprinkling of the cheese, the seasoned salt and a sprinkle of the dried onions. Repeat each layer the same way (you will probably have about 3 layers) ending with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake in 325F oven approximately 1 1/2 hours or until top is browned and bubbly.
This was an easy and good recipe, however I found it to be pretty salty and I only used 1 tsp. seasoning salt, 3 tsp. would have been way too much for me. I also used fresh 1/2 cup minced onion (the amount called for in a similar recipe) and mixed them in with the milk and soup, as well as the season salt (instead of salting each layer). Instead of doing 3 layers, I just did 2. It turned out creamy and yummy just the same. I love potatoes and cheese so this was a great dish for me. I only gave it 4 stars due to the saltiness of the recipe, but I will be making this again.
This was super quick to put together. It wasn't as creamy as I would have liked, but definitely tasted pretty good. I covered with foil for the first half of the cooking time. I used fresh chopped onions (about 1/3 cup) instead of flakes and I also added garlic. This makes a nice quickie-type side dish. Thanx for posting.
Made for Spring PAC, this is the 2nd recipe like this I have made this mo. I call them friendly recipes because they are cook & pantry-friendly, family-friendly & budget-friendly comfort food. I found this a bit on the liquid side fresh from the oven & cooled slightly. However, leftovers reheated to an ideal consistency & I would be inclined to make this a dy ahead for that reason. Thx for sharing this easy-to-fix & tasty recipe w/us.