Recipe by *Crystal*
This is a recipe that my mother would always make for us when I was a child. Blending the onions and celery was her crafty way to get us to eat this dish by disguising the veggies. Let me tell you, it worked great ;)
Top Review by Cook4_6
This was a really nice variation on scalloped potatoes and a great way to get some veges into the kids! I was excited because my no-potato girl took 2 helpings! I only had skim milk, so I used heavy cream and it blended too thickly in the blender, so I thinned it out with about 1/2 cup of skim. Excellent! The only change I would make next time is to reduce the salt. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 59.14 ml celery leaves
- 28.39 ml parsley
- 44.37 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked pepper
- 354.88 ml milk
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.25 ml paprika
- 0.25 ml cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend onion, celery leaves, parsley, flour, butter, salt, pepper and milk in a blender, mixing thouroughly.
- Arrange potato slices in a buttered, 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour blended mixture over potatoes.
- Cover loosely with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil half way through. Sprinkle with grated cheese, paprika and cayenne and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Broil until chesse is bubbly and golden.