Recipe by ~Leslie~
Delicious Comfort Food! Very easy to make, and can be made uncooked the night before and then cooked for an easy side on a busy evening. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Jaime Gray
I saw this recipe this morning while at work, stopped at the store on the way home to get the soup and cheese. I used a Mexican blend of cheeses, and added a little bit of Feta cheese that I already had, and a black and red pepper blend. (we like spicy food). I also chose to use cream of mushroom soup and milk. For a "one dish meal" I seasoned and browned some pork chops then put them on top of the casserole and baked covered for 45 min's, then cooked uncovered for 30 minutes. This was a hit in my house! :oP I also doubled the recipe since tomorrow is club volleyball practice at 7 pm. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water or 1 (10 ounce) can milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Layer potatoes, onion, cheese and salt and pepper, being sure to make the top layer cheese.
- Mix the soup and the water or milk and pour over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for approx 2 hours or until potatoes are soft.