Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe may be doubled and baked in a larger casserole dish, if you are a corn lover then you will really enjoy this dish!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 15)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (seeded and chopped)
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn niblets, drained
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- seasoning salt (to taste, or use white salt)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (more for top of casserole)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and top with shredded cheddar cheese (any amount desired) return to oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it went over perfectly. Nothing but compliments. I skipped the celery, and used red, yellow, and orange peppers in place of the green peppers. The colors of the peppers worked very well in the yellow corn. Loved it.
This was such a nice side dish with dinner last night, with a touch of sweetness. It was pretty too with the carrots and green peppers. Very simple and quick to make, so its good for a weeknight supper. Thanks Kitten!!
My family went crazy over this corn casserole! I made this to serve with your Blue Cheese burger Kittencal's Juicy Blue Cheese Hamburgers/Burgers. I left out the celery as we do not care for it. This is so easy to make and so good! thank you KITTENCAL. Oh I also doubled this recipe.