Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe may be doubled and baked in a larger casserole dish, if you are a corn lover then you will really enjoy this dish!
Top Review by amitchtrum
I made this for Thanksgiving and it went over perfectly. Nothing but compliments. I skipped the celery, and used red, yellow, and orange peppers in place of the green peppers. The colors of the peppers worked very well in the yellow corn. Loved it.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 15)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (seeded and chopped)
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn niblets, drained
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- seasoning salt (to taste, or use white salt)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (more for top of casserole)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and top with shredded cheddar cheese (any amount desired) return to oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.