2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Addictive stuff from the cooking blog petebakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (keep them separate)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (keep them separate)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1Mix yeast, sugar, and warm water in a small mixing bowl. set aside for ten minutes to allow yeast to proof (bubbles will form at the surface).
- 2Mix flour and salt in large mixing bowl. set bowl on mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment (or use a spoon and some elbow grease). with the mixer set on medium speed, slowly add the proofed yeast mixture to the dry ingredients, followed by the milk, egg, and 1 Tbsp melted butter. add 1 Tbsp of the parsley, 1 Tbsp of the onion and 1 cup of the cheese.
- 3Mix on medium speed just until the dough releases from the side of the bowl, about 6-to-8 minutes. knead dough together lightly with your hands. transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place. allow dough to rise for 25-30 minutes.
- 4After 30 minutes, punch dough down and roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter. mix 4 Tbsp of the melted butter with the remaining parsley, spring onion and gruyere, roll balls in the mixture, and arrange in a lightly greased loaf pans. allow loaves to rise once more in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- 5Brush loaves again with melted butter. Bake in a 375F oven for 35 minutes, brushing twice throughout the baking with any remaining melted butter. serve monkey bread hot out of the oven.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Savory Monkey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (811 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2615.4
- Calories from Fat 1255
- Total Fat 139.5 g
- Saturated Fat 81.6 g
- Cholesterol 613.9 mg
- Sodium 1645.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 107.2 g