Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this for us growing up and we loved it!! I had forgotten about it until my sister mentioned it one day so I decided to make it for my kids and it was a HUGE hit!!
- 4 -6 large baking potatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) packages sausage
- parsley (to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
For cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 -8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add parsley.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks, add to boiling water. Boil until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, slice sausage into bite size pieces and cook in frying pan to your liking. Pour into a large casserole dish and set aside.
- To make cheese sauce: Melt butter in pan, whisk in flour a little at a time until a paste is formed.
- Slowly whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add Velveeta, stirring until melted completely.
- Strain potatoes, pour into large casserole dish with sausage. Mix well.
- Pour cheese sauce over mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar over top and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.