Recipe by chickpea
This is a savory,hearty quiche that even men who "don't eat quiche" will love. This recipe is from a childhood friend of my husband.
Top Review by grandma sharon1952
We have an abundance of sausage on hand, so I was looking for a recipe to use some up. I like that it is not real eggy, just enough to hold it all together. I baked the quiche without a pie crust. I just sprayed the pie pan. I used a 10" pie pan, but will use a 9" next time. We try to watch our sodium intake, but didn't find this recipe too salty. My whole family liked it. I will be baking this quiche again and trying different cheeses. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and drain then rinse with hot water to remove excess fat.
- Place sliced onion in drippings from sausage and cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove and blot in paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Mix sausage and cheese with green pepper (optional) and add flour and mix until coated with flour.
- Place in unbaked pie shell.
- Place onions ontop of quiche.
- Mix spices with beaten egg and add evaporated milk, and stir.
- Pour milk mixture evenly over the quiche.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.