Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
From TOH recipe by Dallas McCord. A easy dinner that can be served with toasted garlic bread, or a salad.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- in a large skillet, cook the sausage and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain fat, stir in spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- cook pasta according to package directions. drain. meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream and onions.
- in a greased shallow 3-qt baking dish, layer half of the pasta and sausage mixture. dollop with half of the cream cheese mixture, sprinkle with half of the cheddar cheese, repeat layers.
- bake uncovered at 350*F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
This is amazing. I had some hot ground italian sausage I bought accidently and had some cream cheese I needed to use.
We loved it! My little girl says 1,233 stars for this one! I used an extra 1/2 cup of cheese in each layer but other than that, I made it as written. I was worried when I was putting it together that there didn't seem to be enough tomato sauce but it sort of melded together with the cream cheese mixture to form this creamy, cheesy, tomato suace that was delicious! My husband kept eating and eating until I finally had to take the casserole away from the table! This was a big hit here. Thanks, daisygrl! Made for Photo tag.