Recipe by English_Rose
Sausages, mushrooms and fried eggs, what more do you want for a lazy weekend breakfast!
- 10 large field mushrooms, even-sized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
For the sausage patties
- 1 lb pork sausage, good quality
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 eggs, fried according to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the mushrooms on a roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F
- Cook at this temperature for about one-and-a-half hours. Remove from the oven and drain well. Put to one side.
- Turn the oven up to 375°F Meanwhile, to make the sausage patties, take the sausage meat out of the sausage skins and put into a bowl. Discard the skins.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Mould into four even-sized cakes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sausage cakes for a few minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Just before they're finished cooking, return four of the roast mushrooms to the oven to reheat.
- Cut the remaining six roast mushrooms into strips and fry gently in the butter. Season and stir in the chives.
- Spoon the mushroom strips onto the centre of four serving plates. Top with one whole mushroom, a sausage cake and a fried egg.