Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes, divided
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
- Add 2 cups tomatoes and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips over a 12-inch pizza pan. Top with 2 cups cheese and the sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with avocado and remaining tomatoes.