Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different type of meatball that works well in pasta sauce or as an appetizer!
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs, soaked in
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix ingredients well.
- Make into 20 meatballs.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Turning the meatballs and cook for 8 more minutes.
I doubled this recipe, but instead of another pound of sausage I used a pound of ground round. This made a very delicious meatball. I rolled them small, baked them and set them out as appetizers. Excellent!
These were delicious!! Was not sure about putting them in the oven but they came out beautiful golden brown, I used parchment on the baking sheet. I should have used one egg because mine were large and made the mix a bit too wet. I left it in the fridge for an hour to firm up and make more workable. I also used all the optionals mentioned in the recipe. Will make them again as a snack or as a main dish!
Good! I made with red pepper flakes. Easy to do. Thanks for posting.