Recipe by Aroostook
A different type of meatball that works well in pasta sauce or as an appetizer!
Top Review by MizzNezz
I doubled this recipe, but instead of another pound of sausage I used a pound of ground round. This made a very delicious meatball. I rolled them small, baked them and set them out as appetizers. Excellent!
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs, soaked in
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)