Recipe by Rebecca Ruth
This is a recipe I got from my sister who said that EVERY time she had taken it somewhere, it disappeared quickly, people raved and wanted the recipe--and I found it to be the case as well. It's a winner in my book!
Top Review by Froggus.
i had this a few weeks ago at our weekly idea of a "supper club" .. it was a pancake dinner, that night, with this on the side. WOW. i'll tell you what. there were (only) four of us, and this produced NO leftovers. i believe the sausage used in ours was local (neese's sausage), but otherwise, to the tee. it was DELICIOUS. i'd been searching the site for the recipe, and i'm glad i've found it!
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 16 ounces Bob Evans sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- On cookie sheet roll out package of crescent rolls as one rectangular piece--pinch perforations closed.
- Spread sausage/cheese mixture onto crescent roll 1" from the sides.
- Starting at one end, roll up.
- Pinch ends closed.
- Move roll to center of cookie sheet using two spatulas placed under ends to avoid breaking the roll apart.
- Beat egg and brush over entire roll. Wipe any excess thoroughly from cookie sheet to avoid crusting at the bottom of the roll.
- Sprinkle poppy seed over the top of roll.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Before serving let set for 30 minutes.