Recipe by Sam #3
This tasty dish can also be made with different cheese for new flavors.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this on 10/10/08 for the "Kathy and Liza Cook-A-Thon"and part of mine and SO's dinner.I made the recipe as written ( sort of )I removed the sausage from the casings,crumbled the meat into the pan.Then I added the onions and for the pepper I used a about 4 Tablespoons of freeze dried red/green pepper blend,which made about 1/2 cup.The rest of the recipe was followed as written. I had to add about another cup of water to get the pasta done to our liking.For the cheeses, romano and monterey jack were used.I thought this needed something to "perk it up" .My SO thought it was fine the way it was, so for him liking this that's why I'm giving it a four. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
- 3 -4 Italian sausages
- 1 (750 ml) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausages, drain fat. Cut into bite sized chunks and place in large pot.
- Add pasta sauce and water, bring to a boil. Add pasta and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes, add vegetables. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses and serve immediately.