Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 16 mins
Cook 18 mins
Quick and easy pasta dinner. Excellent combination of flavors. Serve with a green salad & garlic bread.
- 1 cup dried tricolor tortellini (about 1/2 of a 7-ounce package)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces smoked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly bias-sliced (fully cooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan bring salted water to a boil and cook tortellini for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli and sausage; return to boil.
- Cook until pasta is tender but slightly firm and broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally (5 minutes).
- Drain well; keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and caraway seeds.
- Add milk all at once.
- Continue to cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and mustard, stirring until cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over tortellini mixture; toss to coat.