Quick and easy pasta dinner. Excellent combination of flavors. Serve with a green salad & garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried tricolor tortellini (about 1/2 of a 7-ounce package)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces smoked Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly bias-sliced (fully cooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2-1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1In a Dutch oven or large saucepan bring salted water to a boil and cook tortellini for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add broccoli and sausage; return to boil.
- 3Cook until pasta is tender but slightly firm and broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally (5 minutes).
- 4Drain well; keep warm.
- 5In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in flour and caraway seeds.
- 7Add milk all at once.
- 8Continue to cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 9Add cheese and mustard, stirring until cheese melts.
- 10Pour sauce over tortellini mixture; toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Sausage, Broccoli & Tortellini Toss
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.6
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 708.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard