1/4 Photos of Cheesy Sausage and Pasta Bake
Creamy, cheesy pasta with Italian Sausage pieces. A family favourite and wonderful comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 green onions
- 6 medium sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers or 1/2 cup green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups macaroni or 2 cups shell pasta
- 5 sliced cooked Italian sausages (preferably bar-b-qued or grilled)
- 1Cook and slice Italian Sausage, set aside.
- 2Lightly sautee green onions, mushrooms and peppers in butter.
- 3In the meantime cook pasta in generous amount of salted water, drain.
- 4Prepare Sauce:.
- 5Melt butter on medium setting in a large pot.
- 6Slowly add flour to make a thin paste, stirring constantly.
- 7Slowly add milk.
- 8Add all cheeses, salt and black pepper.
- 9Simmer until partially thickened, adding more milk if neccessary.
- 10Transfer pasta, sliced sausages and mushroom/pepper mixture to the pot, mix.
- 11Transfer all to casserole dish.
- 12Top with bread crumbs.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees until heated through.
- 14Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Sausage and Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1270.0
- Calories from Fat 723
- Total Fat 80.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 219.5 mg
- Sodium 2281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 65.0 g