Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one of my "experiments". It turned out pretty good I think. I didn't know what category to put this under, and I know this isn't true Mexican, but enjoy.
- 1 lb bulk sausage (sage works best)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (chef's choice)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- In skillet over medium heat, crumble and brown sausage.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Return sausage and drippings to skillet.
- Add beaten eggs; scramble until desired doneness.
- Add 1/2 cup salsa and 1 cup of cheese.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread 1 cup of salsa in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place tortilla seam side down on salsa.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
No need to stop by a certain fast food restaurant for their breakfast burrito anymore! I can now make it at home, for less money and control the ingredients. This recipe is so easy to make and it can travel with me to work. I used hot country sausage, hot salsa, 6 eggs and a mix of Mexican cheese and sharp cheddar. I will add another egg or two next time to balance out the egg to sausage mixture but other than that, it was perfect! Thanks for sharing! ***Made for Fall PAC 2011***
Awesome, was my husband's rating. I scaled the recipe back to serve 2. :)