1/2 Photos of Cheesy Sauce for Veggies, Meat, Potatoes or Pasta
I love this on broccoli, corn, baked potatoes, even some meat or pasta. I like to use white pepper. I don't like the look of the black pepper in the sauce, but it's up to you. If you don't like the sharp cheddar, you could also use a couple slices of American cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter; remove from heat.
- 2Stir in flour and seasonings.
- 3Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed.
- 4Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- 5Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese. Stir until smooth and well blended.
- 6Serve with pasta or vegetables.
- 7Makes 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Sauce for Veggies, Meat, Potatoes or Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.5
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 21.4 g