Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker I think... A little kick to the traditional scalloped potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (5 ounce) boxes scalloped potatoes mix
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, chredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 13x9-inch (or 3-quart casserole) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In saucepan, heat water, milk and margarine to boiling. Stir in 2 pouches potatoes and 2 pouches sauce mix. Stir in salsa, sour cream, chiles and cheese until well blended. Spoon potato mixture into dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired before serving.
Great little variation on boxed scalloped potatoes! I found that I had to cook mine for about 15 minutes longer than stated, but that's not a big deal :) Made for ZWT 7.
The taste was excellent,although I only used 1 box of potatoes and cut everything else down to that. I would prefer it to be thicker next time, so I will use an 8x8 instead of 11x7. Thanks so much! Made for ZWT7