Recipe by CoCaShe
I tried these one night when I had defrosted some ground meat and wanted flavourful burgers. The burgers come out quite large so make sure you get the good kaiser buns!
Top Review by marcoandrita
Awesome pork burger - used minced garlic and red onion in place of powdered, home made whole wheat bread crumbs. The pickle adds the crunch. Indoor grill 7 minutes was too long. I will shorten the grill time next time but it was still moist and very filling. You won't miss not eating beef!
- 10 ounces mix ground beef or 10 ounces ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄8 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except for Swiss Cheese in a bowl.
- Form into two large patties.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes or so to firm up so they don't fall apart when cooking (optional).
- Grill on barbecue, approximately 7 minutes per side on medium direct heat.
- Right before they're cooked, top each burger with a slice of Swiss Cheese.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with mayonnaise, mustard and dill pickle.