Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this lovely recipe in a nice vegetarian magazine and decided to share it to others who may not be vegetarians. This is a great idea and wonderful to serve as a finger food! 8)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 lb spring greens, chopped
- 5 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- grated parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Spray 7x11 pan or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder in small bowl.
- In medium bowl, mix egg and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in cheese and greens; mix until greens are coated in batter.
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle pine nuts around top of batter.
- Press lightly.
- Then, sprinkle parmesan cheese and pepper (optional).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars when cooled.
- Enjoy these healthy snacks!
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe which is a neat idea and a very tasty & nutritious snack! Their flavor is a little mild for me, but I think I will try them again with perhaps some Swiss cheese or sharp cheddar, and experiment with adding some spices. Also, I had to guess that the recipe needed 1/2 cup of milk -- since the directions did not specify.