Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother, a famous non-cook, actually found this recipe in a newspaper, tweaked it, and it is sooooo delicious! Nice and creamy-cheesy-comforting-warm! I used the frozen cream-style yellow sweet corn.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 3 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 9 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, hot variety (drained)
- Saute' onion in 1 T of the butter.
- Melt remaining butter, and mix with all other ingredients. Pour into buttered casserole dish and bake at 350 until slightly set, about 25 minutes.
Cheesy indeed! This is a really good combination of ingredients. I used the original Rotel. Although it was yummy, I could have used a little more flavor. Maybe some chopped cilantro, green onions or other seasonings. I will tweak this a bit next time, but this is a yummy base recipe. Thanx!