Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are really easy to make and a great appetizer. I bring them to a lot of cookouts in the summer and family parties year-round. They are always the first to go and are gone in minutes!
- 2 lbs bread dough (I buy it already made at the grocery store)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- If using bread dough straight from the refrigerator, let it come up to room temp before working with it.
- Melt butter in pan over low heat and add the crushed garlic cloves and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Mix mozzarella and cheddar cheeses together in a bowl and set aside.
- Roll/stretch out dough, one at a time, to form a rectangle. Take a pizza cutter and cut 4 rows across and down to make small squares.
- Take each square in the palm of your hand and place some of the cheese mixture in the center.
- Bring corners of dough together to completely enclose the cheese and pinch together, forming a ball.
- Dip ball in melted butter mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat for remaining squares and then let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 20-25 minutes.