Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bread roll up with creamy cheesy filling. Great to serve with soup.
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups swiss cheese, grated
- In a frying pan cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk gradually; cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add cheddar cheese; heat until cheese melts.
- Prepare biscuit mix as directed.
- Roll into a rectangle.
- Spread with cheddar cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with swiss cheese.
- Roll jelly-roll fashion; fork edges to seal and edge.
- Prick holes in top of roll.
- Place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown.