Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb French bread, loaf
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped roasted red pepper, well drained (from 7 oz jar)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Cut bread loaf horizontally into 3 layers.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over bottom layer.
- Top with second layer; spread with remaining cheese mixture.
- Top with third layer; press firmly.
- Wrap loaf securely in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
- Serve warm.
- Substitution: You can substitute finely chopped fresh red bell pepper for the roasted red bell pepprs in this recipe.
- Variation: You can heat this bread on the grill over medium heat for 15 to 20 min.
Wow...what flavor this bread has! It is so good and the unusual flavor blend is refreshing! I added the optional cilantro and was treated to a taste sensation! This will be repeated often, especially in grilling season! I cannot wait to have it with grilled meats. Bring this to your next cookout and you will be hunted down for the recipe! The layers are just beautiful to look at. Thanks Mirj for a deliciously different way to serve bread!