1/2 Photos of Cheesy Roasted Onions with Smoked Paprika
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Delicious and bit different way of cooking onions. The smoked paprika gives it a special pizzaz, but sub ordinary paprika if you don't have any.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2Peel the onions, keep a bit of the root attached so that they don't fall apart, and arrange in a lightly oiled baking tray so that they fit snugly side by side.
- 3Drizzle with the olive oil and bake until soft, about an hour but it could be longer.
- 4Remove from the oven, and turn the heat up to 220 degrees C.
- 5Combine the cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper and cream in a jug or bowl, stirring well.
- 6Pour it over the onions, and sprinkle with paprika.
- 7Return the dish to the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese sauce is golden brown and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Roasted Onions with Smoked Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g