1/2 Photos of Cheesy Roasted Garlic and Tomato Chicken
I came up with this recipe and tested it out tonight. It came out much better than I expected. It's grilled balsamic chicken topped with a garlic tomato basil sauce and covered in cheese! Measurements are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 5 basil leaves (about)
- crushed red pepper flakes (about 1/8 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut off the top of the head of garlic just until the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap in foil.
- 3Put tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 4Roast tomatoes and garlic. Roast tomatoes about 20 minutes, until they burst and roast garlic about 40-45 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- 5While the tomatoes and garlic are roasting, season chicken breast with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Let the chicken marinate until the tomatoes and garlic are done.
- 6Preheat a large skillet and about 2 Tb EVOO over medium high heat. Cook chicken about 8 minutes on each side, until browned. When chicken is done, lower heat and deglaze the pan with white wine. Let wine simmer and reduce.
- 7Meanwhile squeeze garlic out of clove and puree in a food processor with tomatoes and basil. You may need to season with more salt, pepper, and red pepper at this point.
- 8Place chicken breasts in a casserole dish and top with pureed tomatoes and sliced provolone cheese. Let bake until cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Roasted Garlic and Tomato Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.1
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 43.8 g