Chef #1234711's Note:
"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" Great way to get veggies and protein in your children's diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon complete seasoning (ground cumin, garlic powder, salt)
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- white pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 lime
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Remove top of red pepper, remove seeds and cut red pepper into quarters. Flatten and lay on a small piece of Reynold’s wrap on top of a cookie sheet. Place in 450 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove & allow to cool.
- 3Shuck ears of corn, wash and pat dry. Lay out a piece of Reynold’s wrap large enough to completely wrap up and cover the corn. Salt and white pepper to taste. Place a Tbs of butter on each ear. Wrap tightly and place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. (Note you can add this while the peppers are cooking and drop the temperature when you remove the peppers.).
- 4Line a 12 inch glass pie pan with Reynold’s Wrap. Open beans and pour off about 2 Tbs liquid. Pour into pan. Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and the 2 minced garlic cloves. Add salt to taste and tsp of Complete Seasoning. Mix well and put in oven with the Corn and Red Pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until liquid almost gone. Remove from oven and using a large spoon or potato masher, smash the beans just until they burst. Add scallions and mix inches.
- 5Once corn is cooled enough to handle, cut kernels off the corn and mix in with the beans. Dice up the roasted red peppers and add. Squeeze juice from 1 lime over beans and mix well.
- 6Sprinkle cheese over the top until completely covered. Put back in oven and melt cheese about 5-8 minutes depending on how brown you like the cheese.
- 7Serve with corn chips. I liked Frito’s dipping chips the best because they don’t break as easily when you are dipping.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Black Bean Dip #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: