1/1 Photo of Cheesy Roasted Corn and Chicken With Green Chilies Soup
4 hrs 20 mins
This crock-pot recipe is adapted from a stove-top recipe. We wanted a recipe using dried roasted corn with cheese and chicken. It does have a kick, hope you enjoy. It was excellent served with a warm loaf of Jalapeno Cheese Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml chicken stock, well flavored
- 29.58 ml diced jalapenos
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 473.18 ml chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2-3 whole green chilies, seeds removed and diced or 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 59.14 ml flour
- 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 170.09 g reduced-fat cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml dried corn kernels, roasted
- fresh cilantro
- 11 In medium pot, bring seasoned chicken stock and chicken to a boil -- turn down and let simmer covered for about 15 minute Remove from heat.
- 22 In crock-pot. Add onions, peppers, tomatoes, spices, and dry roasted corn. Add cubed chicken and broth. Cook on high setting for about 3 1/2 - 5 hours until corn is tender.
- 33 Combine margarine and flour to make a roux. Stir into soup. Slowly add milk and sour cream, stirring to incorporate. cook on high until soup thickens slightly. Reduce heat and let cook for a about another half hour on low.
- 44 Stir in cheese.
- 56 Serve with chopped cilantro and tortilla chips, Tabasco, rice etc. Texture of the soup should be velvety.not thick.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Roasted Corn and Chicken With Green Chilies Soup
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried corn kernels