- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth or 2 (14 ounce) cans stock
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat and 8-inch pot with a tight-fitting cover over moderate heat.
- Add oil, onion and garlic and sauté, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until liquid is absorbed and pasta tender.
- Then stir in cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.