Recipe by Lisa Lou Who
Rigatoni is a pasta that I am not particularly fond of. I do like this dish and best of all so do the kids. This makes 2 casseroles so you can freeze one if just feeding your family or bake both now if feeding a crowd. To reheat frozen casserole, take from freezer and thaw in fridge overnight. Cover and bake at 375°F for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually add milk and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl, Stir in eggs and pepperoni and spoon into 2 greased 8" square baking pans.
- Top each one with one can of tomato sauce and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon white sauce over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes.