Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Kraft website.
- 1 tablespoon zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 ounce light cream, dheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat dressing in small saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minute or until tender.
- Stir in rice, broth and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minute
- Add cheeses and parsley; stir until blended. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minute before serving.
I made this using regular rice & upped the broth to compensate for the extra cooking time required. Loved the idea of using dressing to fry the onions but found once adding the cream cheese the rice went a bit gluggy, still tasted great but the texture wasn't great. Will make this again with the correct rice as stated and then will re-review. Thanks Reds.
This was good and simple to make. It cooked up quickly. I didn't have tomatoes so I added some canned diced tomatoes. I also added more parmesan cheese then what the recipe called for as we love cheese. I didn't add parsley as I don't care for it. Will make again.
I made this as a side dish for shrimp on a stick. This was very quick and easy and colorful rice recipe!! I liked the cream cheese and parmesan combo with the tomatoes and rice. The italian dressing was a little to strong for my taste. Next time I would saute the onions in a bit of olive oil and add oregano/basil and follow the rest of recipe as written. Thanks for a quick and easy rice recipe!!!